Friday, July 12, 2013

Raisen Applesauce Mini Muffins

Last summer we were on the go a lot and I wanted to pack a snack that I knew my kids would love and that had some nutritional value. I found this recipe while thumbing through an old church cookbook that was given to me by my Grandma. The original recipe was for an average size muffin, but I wanted my muffins to be bite size and decided to make them in my mini muffin pan. Each batch makes approximately 48 mini muffins so I love to freeze them and take a few out here and there as we need them. They thaw out in minutes and stay tasting fresh for a couple of months after you bake them.

Ingredients
4 c. flour
1 T. cinnamon
1 T. ground all spice
2 t. baking soda
1 c. butter
2 c. sugar
2 eggs
2 c. applesauce
2 t. vanilla
1 c. raisins
1. In bowl combine flour, cinnamon, all spice, and baking soda, set aside. In a mixing bowl cream butter & sugar. Beat in eggs, applesauce, and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in raisins.
2. Grease muffin pan with cooking spray and scoop muffin mix into pan. I love using my handy cookie scoop I bought from a Pampered Chef party years ago.

3. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-12 minutes (20-25 minutes for average muffins). You will be able to tell that the muffins are done when you insert a toothpick and it comes out clean.
Do you have a go to snack for kids that you would like to share?? I always love new ideas!

 photo FightAgainstBoredomSignature2_zpsc09e8e8d.png

No comments:

Post a Comment